Monday, September 26, 2011

L3 Challenge day 3 (belated)

"Count the cost"
What I've been challenged with today: how do I approach being a disciple of Jesus? Did I come to Christ recklessly? When I was young and first drawn to Jesus, didn't I just jump in and expect it to be easy from there on out?
Yes, I did.
Over the past 3 years Jesus has been so patient to grow my faith, and yesterday I was challenged afresh to continue to count the cost in being Jesus' disciple. Here in Luke 14:25-35 Jesus uses strong language and says over and over that unless a follower meets his demands they "cannot be a disciple."
Yesterday my pastor pointed out that a person who doesn't meet Jesus' standard isn't simply a "lousy disciple" but Jesus himself says that he or she CANNOT be.
Strong language.
Strong commitment.
What follows this passage in Luke? The parables of the lost sheep, the lost coin, and the prodigal son.
Oh how Jesus has rescued me from my many wanderings! Bless the Lord, oh my soul!

Sent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry®

No comments:

Post a Comment