Friday, October 14, 2011

L3 Challenge Day 22

"Set a strong guard about thy outward senses; these are Satan's landing places, especially the eye and the ear." -- William Gurnall

"All things are full of weariness; a man cannot utter it; the eye is not satisfied with seeing, nor the ear filled with hearing." Ecclesiastes 1:8 ESV

It's striking to me to remember how much my senses are assaulted by Satan. To protect my faith, purity, priorities, family, etc. I must be on the guard. What makes me weary? Trying to satisfy my eyes and fill my ears. Yet, to live life to the full I must constantly exercise self-control. Discernment. Discipline. A strong guard.

My challenge for today is to be tough. Saying no to the atmosphere of this world and to say Yes to Jesus Christ through prayer and the Holy Spirit's leading. Every activity, hour, attitude of my day is either a choice to let the world, Satan, and sin into my senses or a surrender to the Holy Spirit to control what is let in and how I respond to it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment